Articles | Volume 3, issue 1
© Author(s) 2022. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
The effect of spin polarization on double electron–electron resonance (DEER) spectroscopy
- Final revised paper (published on 01 Jul 2022)
- Supplement to the final revised paper
- Preprint (discussion started on 16 May 2022)
- Supplement to the preprint
Comment types: AC – author | RC – referee | CC – community | EC – editor | CEC – chief editor |
: Report abuse
RC1: 'Comment on mr-2022-8', Anonymous Referee #1, 25 May 2022
- AC1: 'Reply on RC1', Sarah Sweger, 17 Jun 2022
RC2: 'Comment on mr-2022-8', Nino Wili, 25 May 2022
- AC2: 'Reply on RC2', Sarah Sweger, 17 Jun 2022
CC1: 'Comment on mr-2022-8', Andriy Marko, 02 Jun 2022
- AC3: 'Reply on CC1', Sarah Sweger, 17 Jun 2022
CC2: 'Comment on mr-2022-8', Alexander G. Maryasov, 06 Jun 2022
- AC4: 'Reply on CC2', Sarah Sweger, 17 Jun 2022
Peer review completion
AR: Author's response | RR: Referee report | ED: Editor decision
AR by Sarah Sweger on behalf of the Authors (17 Jun 2022)  Author's response Author's tracked changes Manuscript
ED: Publish as is (17 Jun 2022) by Kong Ooi Tan
I can only comment on the theory and simulation side of the manuscript. This is a beautiful work that can be published in the present form subject to the following minor fixes:
1. Right hand side is missing in Eq 13.
2. Brackets are mis-set in Eq S8.
3. Main text talks about modelling the 4-pulse DEER, but the SI then reverts to 3-pulse DEER - wording should be fixed.
4. The free electron g-factor approximation should be declared and explained.
I actually like Sections S1-S3 more than the main text. Relocate those to main text? MR is not some glossy magazine, the readership can handle an equation or two.